The Riello Master HE series MHE100kVA/100kW UPS is a high efficiency 3/3 configured three-phase input/output new-style transformer-based online double-conversion (VFI SS 111 – IEC EN 62040-3) uninterruptible power supply providing robust power protection and galvanic isolation. The UPS has an IGBT-based rectifier and DSP (Digital Signal Processors) technology. The battery is supplied in a matching battery extension cabinet or on a stand (cladded or open).
High efficiency stands for higher active power available, compared with legacy UPS systems as the HE series is unity power factor rated (kVA=kW) providing up to 25% more power than traditional transformer-based UPS rated at 0.8pF. Nominal power is available without de-rating for a temperature range of 10-40degC. Control circuits and specifically designed firmware help the UPS achieve an operating efficiency in online double conversion mode of 95.5% comparable with transformer-less UPS systems. The high efficiency improves the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), reducing power usage costs, air conditioning loading and installation size required. Up to 8 Master HE UPS can be operated in a capacity or parallel (N+x) configuration.
Applications include: datacentres, disaster recovery and mirror sites, industrial processes, telecommunications, security, hospital and medical applications.
Riello Master HE MHE 100kVA/100kW UPS
Battery Runtime Cabinets
These are sample battery runtimes available based on the MHT 100kVA UPS system using 10 year design life batteries. Cladded and open stands are also available. A battery transition box/battery isolator may also be required.
|7m||BB 1900 480-J9||860×800×1900||1300|
|14m||BB 1900 480-K1||860×800×1900||1700|
|18m||BB 1900 480-K2||860×800×1900||1800|
|39m||2xBB 1900 480-K1||860×800×1900||1700|
|48m||2x BB 1900 480-K2||860×800×1900||1800|
|64m||3xBB 1900 480-K1||860×800×1900||1700|
|81m||3x BB 1900 480-K2||860×800×1900||1800|
For other runtimes or more information please contact the Eco Power Projects team.
- High efficiency up to 99.4% (stand by on mode)
- Compact size: e.g. only 0.85m2 for the Master HE 250kVA UPS
- Reduced weight for transformer based UPS
- Double load protection, both electronic and galvanic, towards the battery.
Complete Galvanic Separation
Master HE UPS has a built-in output isolation transformer (delta zig/zag type) on the inverter as part of the inverter circuit, providing galvanic isolation between the load and the battery.
- Complete UPS output galvanic isolation for critical infrastructures from the battery DC power source
- two completely separated supply inputs (main and bypass), which can be taken from two different power sources (with different neutrals); particularly suitable for parallel systems in order to ensure selectivity between the two sources and improving the reliability of the entire installation
- No neutral input connection is required at the UPS rectifier input stage; this method prevents the transmission of common neutral disturbances via the neutral conductor
- No effect on UPS output performance or reduced impact of the inverter power components whilst supplying specific loads; in addition the inverter transformer minimizes the impact of third harmonic disturbances, prevents the effects of energy back-feed into the inverter when supplying industrial load applications and can supply unbalanced loads
- High inverter short circuit current to clear faults which could occur between the phase and neutral on the load side (up to three times nominal current)
- Output transformer housed within the UPS cabinet allowing a significant reduction in footprint
Zero Impact Source
The Master HE series features the added advantages of the Zero Impact Source benefits provided by an IGBT-based rectifier. This removes problems with installation in networks with limited power capacity, where the UPS is supplied by a generator or where there are compatibility problems with loads, generating current harmonics. Master HE series UPS have a zero impact on the power supply source, whether it is a mains grid or generator set:
- Input current distortion < 3%
- Input power factor 0.99
- Power walk-in function with progressive rectifier start up
- Start-up delay function, to restart the rectifiers when mains power is restored if there are several UPS in the system
Master HE also performs the role of a filter and power factor correction system, protecting the upstream power supply from any harmonics and reactive power generated by the critical load. The UPS requires a smaller electrical infrastructure, less wiring and smaller circuit protection devices.
Master HE is suitable for a wide range of applications including IT and the most demanding industrial environments and processes. With several operational configurations including On-Line, Eco, Smart Active, Stand By, Frequency Converter and Voltage Stabiliser. A broad range of accessories and options, complex configurations and system architectures can be achieved to guarantee maximum power availability and the option to add new UPS without interruption to existing users. Using the Riello UPS Group Synchroniser (UGS) and Parallel Systems Joiner (PSJ), sophisticated inter group parallel and redundant systems can be achieved to provide the highest possible levels of resilience and availability.
Battery Care System
Master HE series UPS include a range of features designed to prolong battery life and reduce their usage including different recharging methods, deep discharge protection, current limitation and voltage compensation according with battery room temperature. The UPS has a Step-up/Step-down converter to recharge and discharge the battery with an extremely reduced current ripple on the battery.
Master HE series UPS have a front panel mounted graphic display providing UPS information, measurements, status updates and alarms in different languages, with wave form displays including voltage/current and providing a kWh reading that can be used to measure IT loads and calculate a datacentre PUE (power usage effectiveness) ratio.
Smart Grid Ready
Master HE series UPS are smart grid ready. The UPS can automatically select the most efficient operating method based on the status of the grid. Master HP UPS are also able to electronically interface with energy managers using a smart grid communication network.