- PCs and Servers to 1.5kVA
- Servers and Networks to 3kVA
- Comms Room UPS to 20kVA
- Datacentres 10-800kVA
- Rackmount 500VA-40kVA
- Modular Systems 25kW-1MW
- Models by Size 500VA-800kVA
- Models by Technology
- Extended Backup Times
- Single Phase 400VA-20kVA
- Three Phase 10-800kVA
- Containerised UPS Systems
- 120Vac US Systems
- Telecoms UPS
- Industrial Plants
- Marine and Offshore Systems
- UPS with an Energy Saving Eco Mode
- UPS with Super Capacitors
- UPS with Lithium-ion Batteries
- UPS with Flywheels
- Power Distribution
- Battery Systems
- Voltage Management
- Energy Management
- Power/Energy Monitoring
- Renewable/Off-Grid Power
Eco Power Services
- Battery Testing
- Battery Installations
- Generator Services
- Load Bank Testing
- Project Management
- Removals and Recycling
- Remote Site Monitoring
- Repair and Refurbishment
- Site Surveys
- Technical Helpdesk
- UPS/Generator Rentals
- UPS/Generator Relocations
- UPS Installations
- UPS Maintenance Contracts
- UPS Repairs/Spares
- Warranties and Extensions
- Witness Testing
- Eco Power Projects
EcoPowerSupplies is committed to being ‘best-in-class’ and promotes the most appropriate and constructive policies that benefit its business, clients, employees and other stakeholders.
Management System Policies
The following policies are provided for information purposes. Each policy is signed by our Managing Director with copies available in PDF format on request. Please contact us for a copy.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy
- Quality Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Anti-bribery Policy
- Ethical Policy
- Energy Management Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Sustainability Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy
At EcoPowerSupplies we recognise the need to integrate our business values and operations with the expectations of stakeholders – clients, employees, suppliers and the needs of the wider community and environment in which we operate. This commitment to our corporate social responsibility is recognised as follows:
- Business Standards and Ethics: EcoPowerSupplies is committed to carrying out all aspects of its business in accordance with rigorous commitment to related legal, professional and ethical standards.
- Health and Safety: EcoPowerSupplies operates a SAFEContractor certified Health & Safety management system and is committed to achieving continuous improvement and the provision of a clean, safe and healthy working environment for its employees.
- Employees: EcoPowerSupplies aims to provide a fair and equal opportunities employment environment, providing individuals with the opportunity to develop and progress their development within the organisation. EcoPowerSupplies operates an apprentice scheme for people looking to enter our related industries and provides funding and time-off for employee development and training. EcoPowerSupplies operates an Equal Opportunities Policy for all employees and provide a clear and fair remuneration policy, with safeguards to ensure all employees are treated fairly with respect and without any form of harassment.
- Customers: EcoPowerSupplies business relies on meeting our stated objective of ‘no dissatisfied customers’. All our employees and sub-contractors are responsible for ensuring a professional, efficient, effective and honest relationship is maintained with our customers, at all times. We manage the quality of our products and services through our ISO9001 Quality Management System and strive for continuous improvement. We proactively seek feedback on our performance and maintain an open communications policy to ensure we fulfil the requirements of this policy.
- Environment: EcoPowerSupplies is committed through our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System to the environment and seeks to reduce our environmental impact throughout our operations. EcoPowerSupplies collects and recycles waste materials wherever practical and possible.
- Energy: EcoPowerSupplies monitors its energy usage in accordance with ISO50001 and promotes energy management and renewable power. The company provides consultancy, audits and related product solutions that it endevors to use throughout its operations.
- Suppliers: EcoPowerSupplies seeks suppliers who share similar values and encourages its suppliers to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
- Community: EcoPowerSupplies encourages an active dialogue with its local community and organisations and supports local activities with its employees for mutual benefit. The company supports the following charities: Cancer Research and the Brain Tumour Society.
- Responsibility: the EcoPowerSupplies team is responsible for the implementation of this policy and ensuring that resources are made available throughout the company to meet our corporate social responsibilities.
EcoPowerSupplies provides quality management, co-ordination, manufacture and installation services throughout the UK, Eire and overseas on occasions. EcoPowerSupplies has developed its expertise to achieve the highest possible standards of construction, manufacture, installation and supply of products and service to its customers. It is the aim of EcoPowerSupplies to provide our customers with products and services to the agreed requirements in accordance with the details and price quoted.
The EcoPowerSupplies team is responsible for Quality Control through the Quality Management System seeking improvement by constant review, with suppliers and sub-contractors being encouraged to co-operate. EcoPowerSupplies is committed to achieving customer satisfaction by the use of quality procedures which will be operated to meet or exceed the requirements of ISO 9001.
Health and Safety Policy
EcoPowerSupplies promotes a safe working environment for its employees and observes ‘best practice’ in matters relating to Health & Safety. It is the policy of EcoPowerSupplies to:
- Provide a safe environment for staff and visitors to our premises
- Provide adequate control of health & safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting Health & Safety.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- To ensure safe handling and use of materials and substances.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision of employees.
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them suitable training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health.
- To maintain safe and health working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy at regular intervals
As a responsible UK employer within the design, manufacturing and construction industry, EcoPowerSupplies has made itself aware of the consequential impacts of our operations on the environment. This has been done in relation to the resources and energy used by our companies and organisation, together with the energy used and the impact of our products once installed. EcoPowerSupplies also recognises the importance of product design, selection and operation in this context (up to and including end of life disposal) and in terms of sustainable development.
The commitment of EcoPowerSupplies to the environment is translated into policy in the following ways:
- In pursuance of continual improvement in environmental performance. This being achieved through the ongoing development of our Internal Environmental Management System including regular review of appropriate measures to prevent or reduce our environmental impact and carbon footprint.
- With regard to our identified significant environmental aspects, we will aim to ensure continued compliance with all known current and future legislation, guidance and best practices.
- We aim to set and review objectives and targets associated to our identified significant environmental aspects, such as material selection/usage, resource usage, transportation and waste management with the overall aim to reduce the associated environmental impacts of all works associated to our business operations and activities.
- We will liaise with our suppliers, contractors and customers to find practical mutually cost effective ways to minimise environmental impacts of common concern, assisting us in our quest for continual, sustainable improvement in our overall environmental performance.
- We will strive to develop the skills and competences required for relevant staff to manage environmental issues relating to our business activities and seek to increase awareness of appropriate environmental issues with all staff, contractors, suppliers and customers.
Under UK law (UK Bribery Act 2010), bribery and corruption is punishable for individuals by up to ten years imprisonment. If a Company is found to have taken part in the corruption or lacks adequate procedures to prevent Bribery, it could face an unlimited fine and be excluded from tendering for Government contracts.
EcoPowerSupplies is commented to implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery. It is our policy to conduct all business aspects and matters in an honest and ethical manner at all times. The aim of this policy is to help EcoPowerSupplies act in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010, maintain the highest possible standards of business practice, and advise individuals of EcoPowerSupplies' 'zero-tolerance' to bribery. This policy applies to all permanent and fixed-term staff employed by EcoPowerSupplies and any contractors, consultants or other persons acting under or on behalf of EcoPowerSupplies. EcoPowerSupplies will not:
- Make contributions of any kind with the purpose of gaining any commercial advantage.
- Provide gifts or hospitality with the intention of persuading anyone to act improperly, or to influence a public official in the performance of their duties.
- Make, or accept, “kickbacks” of any kind.
- Keep appropriate internal records that will evidence the business reason for making any payments to third parties.
- Encourage employees to raise concerns about any issue or suspicion of malpractice at the earliest possible stage.
- See that anyone raising a concern about bribery will not suffer any detriment as a result, even if they turn out to be mistaken.
Employees must not:
- Accept any financial or other reward from any person in return for providing some favour.
- Request a financial or other reward from any person in return for providing some favour.
- Offer any financial or other reward from any person in return for providing some favour.
All employees have a role to play in enforcing the policy and are required to deal with any observed or reported breaches. Should employees feel apprehensive about their own safety in regard to addressing any breach, they should seek senior management support.
Failure to comply with this policy may lead to a lack of clarity over job role, learning needs or expected standards of performance, resulting in reduced effectiveness or efficiency, underperformance and putting service delivery at risk.
Any member of staff refusing to observe the Anti-bribery policy will be liable to disciplinary action in accordance with the company Disciplinary Policy as found in the company handbook.
Overall responsibility for policy implementation and review rests with EcoPowerSupplies senior management. However, all employees are required to adhere to and support the implementation of the policy. EcoPowerSupplies will inform all existing employees about this policy and their role in the implementation of the policy. They will also give all new employees notice of the policy on induction to EcoPowerSupplies.
This policy will be implemented through the development and maintenance of procedures for appraisals and one-to-one meetings, using template forms, and guidance given to both managers and employees on the process.
EcoPowerSupplies is committed to operating across their organisations and supply chains in the most ethical manner possible. In order to achieve this, EcoPowerSupplies strives to ensure that:
- Products and services are produced and delivered under conditions that do not involve the abuse or exploitation of any persons.
- Business practices are transparent, open and honest, and do not involve the company in any practices that could be considered unethical, in any culture.
- The environment is supported in a positive manner and contributes towards the well-being and benefit of all concerned.
Energy Management Policy
EcoPowerSupplies acknowledges the importance of energy as a necessary resource for successfully meeting its operational objectives and corporate strategy. EcoPowerSupplies is committed to responsible energy management and will practice energy efficiency throughout its premises and operations, using plant, equipment and resources in the most cost-effective manner to achieve this goal. EcoPowerSupplies will:
- Incorporate energy efficiency measures, including alternative and emerging technologies, through best practice in energy efficient design, the selection and sizing of energy-efficient plant and equipment, systems and other energy infrastructure.
- Maintain all plant and equipment, and control and manage systems and energy infrastructure in such a way as to minimise energy wastage.
- Monitor and report on the Company’s energy consumption and identify and implement opportunities for improved energy efficiency.
- Pursue the use of renewable and alternative energy sources to supplement conventional energy sources.
- Address our obligations as a member of the global community including legislative requirements and minimising our impact on the environment.
- Strive to procure, distribute and maintain energy resources at the lowest cost whilst addressing the items above.
The objective of EcoPowerSupplies is therefore to manage our energy usage and resources as efficiently as possible so as to minimise waste. To help ensure we give proper consideration to our energy management and environmental responsibilities, this Policy will be implemented, monitored and enforced in accordance with the requirements of the EcoPowerSupplies management systems. All staff are expected to work towards the aims of this Policy and co-operate with management in its execution.
In order to achieve our desired aims, the Policy will be implemented and achieved by:
- Purchasing fuel, energy supplies and other utilities at the most economic cost.
- Reducing the amount of pollution, particularly CO2 emissions, caused by inefficient energy consumption.
- Undertaking regular energy audits by measuring compliance with energy saving options and in accordance with the requirements of the Energy Management System standard BS ISO 50001.
- Investing in a continuous program of energy-saving measures to reduce energy consumption.
- Safeguarding the achieved reductions by continually monitoring performance indicators.
- Raising the awareness of employees on energy conservation matters with the co-operation of all stakeholders.
- Determining areas which would benefit from sub-metering and ensuring such meters are installed.
- Undertaking benchmarking on year-on-year usage(s).
- Having energy consumption data available, collected by monitoring and recording energy usage.
- Reviewing routine maintenance, including major replacements against an energy efficiency checklist to ensure that opportunities to switch fuels, install controls or improve thermal standards etc. are taken.
- Ensuring equipment purchasing policies consider energy consumption for the purchase of all items of equipment and be fully compliant with current best practice.
- Considering new technologies such as renewable energy, where appropriate.
More information can be obtained by calling the Carbon Trust Helpline on 0800 085 2005 or by visiting: http://www.thecarbontrust.co.uk/energy/assessyourorganisation/energy_survey.htm.
Equality and Diversity Policy
EcoPowerSupplies is committed to reflecting the diversity of the population in the UK. We are dedicated to developing and using the talents of our employees, suppliers and contractors be they permanent or temporary. We believe our actions and behaviour must demonstrate and confirm our respect for each other and each other’s contributions.
We believe that our purpose and values will be best achieved if we recruit candidates at all levels of responsibility from the community that we serve and which influence our business sector. By understanding, respecting and using these differences we recognise that we can maximise our success as a developing and expanding company. EcoPowerSupplies will:
- Seek to ensure that people are treated equally regardless of their gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origins, age, disability, socio-economic background, religious or political beliefs, sex, family responsibilities, sexual orientation.
- Expect that all workers and candidates to our business will be granted equal opportunity in all aspects of work.
- Ensure recruitment and selection decisions are based solely on objective criteria ensuring that individuals are selected and treated on an equal basis.
- Encourage applications from under-represented groups by using plain and concise language in all advertising literature and ensuring wide spread advertising coverage via appropriate media publications and internet websites.
- Tell all candidates, employees, suppliers, contractors and clients about this policy and make sure that everyone understands their responsibilities. We will also provide training and guidance for all in house staff.
- Monitor and review our selection procedures regularly. We will change them if we think they discriminate against anyone.
- Take positive action to redress any imbalances, through advertising, recruitment and training.
- Encourage others to adopt this commitment.
As an organisation we believe in treating all people with respect and dignity. We strive to create and foster a supportive and understanding environment in which all individuals realise their maximum potential regardless of their differences.
All levels of management truly believe that promoting and supporting diversity makes us more creative, flexible, productive and competitive and as such we will actively embrace this at every opportunity.
EcoPowerSupplies is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to EcoPowerSupplies professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same. The EcoPowerSupplies Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into practice EcoPowerSupplies will in relation to he following matters:
Travel and meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transport in our financial proposals, rather than the least cost option which may involve travelling by car or air. Where the only practical alternative is to fly, we will include costs for full air fares rather than budget airlines in our financial proposals.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc, and promote the use of public transport.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables e.g. by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good energy housekeeping.
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
Working practices and advice to clients
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and / or environmental organisations and make donations to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
- Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.
All policies are reviewed annually.
For more information on any of these policies please contact our marketing team.