Are you in the process of building a new building for your company? Are you considering adding solar panels to your new building? Solar panels have many benefits and can save energy and money after the initial cost. Therefore, they are a great investment. They are the most common alternative energy source available today and they will most likely continue to grow in popularity.
Nevertheless, there are still a few things you should think about before you make your final decision.Here are a few things to consider before installing solar panels on a new building:
- Solar Budget: your budget is always something to consider but it’s even more important when you plan to install solar panels. The initial cost is very expensive. Therefore, you have to look at the big picture and calculate your savings over time to determine whether or not they will fit into your budget.
- Current location: you can use solar panels anywhere but the more sun you get, the better they will perform. If you live in areas that have tropical like weather, you’ll benefit the most. Areas in the far north won’t benefit as much. However, as long as you get an average of 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day, you can benefit from installing solar panels.
- Roof type: the type of roof that you have will determine the final costs of installing solar panels. Therefore, this is something that you need to take into consideration when drawing up the blue prints for your new building.
- Longevity: like anything you buy some solar panels last longer than others. It all depends on the quality of the materials used and whether or not they are properly installed. Regular maintenance and weather will also play a role in the longevity of the solar panels. It’s important to discuss what type of warranty comes with the panels you plan to use.
- Staying on the grid: staying on the grid is important even when you do install solar panels.
Having a back-up energy source just makes good sense, so it’s a good idea to talk to the electric company that will be supplying power to your facility. You can learn more about their rates and they may be able to provide other information that can help you make a wise decision on whether or not to install solar panels in your new building.
Solar panels are gaining in popularity every year. Installing them during the initial design of a building can have many benefits so it’s something to consider very carefully. It also helps to discuss this decision with professionals that can answer any questions you might have. The professional technicians at ECO Power Supplies specialise in “renewable energy sources”http://www.ecopowersupplies.com/renewable-power-solutions and we are available to answer any questions you may have about adding solar panels to your new facility.