The APC SMX series Smart-UPS 2U Dual Tower/Rackmount 750VA/500W UPS with up to 6minutes runtime at full load (with optional battery extension packs for added runtime) is an advanced line interactive UPS system to protect network servers, storage and associated equipment. The UPS provides a clean and reliable network-grade power output, suitable for critical data and networking equipment. Smart-UPS units are highly efficient at low, medium and high load levels and are ideal for today’s multi-core and virtualised servers with varying load profiles.
Typical applications include: servers, storage, point-of-sale terminals, switches, hubs, routers and other network devices.
Smart-UPS SMX 750VA/500W Dual 2U Features
- High Efficiency Green Mode: optimum efficiency to reduce utility and cooling costs.
- Emergency Power Off (EPO): for remote UPS shutoff in the event of a fire or other emergency (2200VA models and above).
- Alphanumeric LCD Display: intuitive interface to provide detailed and accurate information with ability to configure locally.
- Battery Disconnect: convenient way to disconnect battery for transportation.
- Network-grade Power: provides stable, conditioned power with noise filtering, automatic voltage regulation (AVR) and surge protection.
- Communication Ports: serial, USB, and SmartSlot for network accessory cards.
- Advanced Battery Management: temperature-compensated battery charger to extend battery life and advanced algorithms to recommend battery replacement date.
Additional 2U Rackmount Features
- Slim 2U Rack/Tower Form: display rotates easily for use in or out of a rack.
- High-frequency Design: reduced size (or eliminates) bulky transformers making installation even easier.
- High-voltage Models: (2.2kVA and above) configurable Output from 200V – 240V on high-voltage models.
- Models available with Pre-installed Network Cards: models with ‘NC’ suffix are pre-installed with AP9631 network cards with environmental monitoring.
- Smart External Battery Connector: accept external batteries and increase runtime automatically to increase availability.
- Switched Outlet Groups: reboot hung devices, shed non-critical loads to conserve runtime and sequence start-up/turn off.
Smart-UPS Display – Intuitive, easy-to-use LCD interface
- LCD Display Screen: clear, consistent and detailed information in your choice of basic or advanced menus.
- Power Status: operating mode and efficiency, load VA/Watts/Amps, input/output voltage and frequency, battery capacity and runtime, energy meter and more.
- Control: UPS and outlet group settings.
- Con¬figuration: language, power quality settings, alarm, delay and threshold settings.
- Test and Diagnostics: initiate battery and runtime calibration tests.
- Logs: see explanation of last 10 transfers and faults.
- About: UPS and replacement battery part numbers, serial numbers, battery install, and suggested replacement dates.
- Quick Status Indicators: online, on battery, fault, and replace battery LEDs for quick status identification.
- Escape: exits to the previous menu or screen.
- Return: used to enter or confirm settings.
- Navigation Arrows: allows for quick adjustment of settings.